Oat & maple syrup waffles
300ml almond or soy milk
1 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
60ml sunflower oil
60ml agave syrup or maple syrup
45g porridge oats
150g plain flour
1½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
Prepare for Halloween that night, with a golden breakfast feast delight
1. Mix together the milk and vinegar in a mixing bowl and allow to curdle for a few minutes. Then pour in oil, agave (or maple syrup) and whisk.
2. In another bowl, add in the oats, flour, baking powder and salt and combine.
3. Pour in the wet ingredients to the dry bowl, mix to incorporate. Test the batter in case it needs a little more agave, and add in the vanilla extract.
4. Leave the mixture to sit for 10 minutes – this is an ideal time to prep your fruit or toppings and to heat your waffle machine up.
5. When the waffle machine is ready, spray on some sunflower oil spray, or grease it with some oil on kitchen roll. Ladle in spoonfuls of the batter so each section is nearly covered.
6. Follow the instructions on the appliance- usually to leave for a few minutes until the waffles firm up and are easy to remove. Then keep warm in the oven while you make the rest of the waffles, or serve straight away and get a production line going!
Curtosy of Ava Szajna-Hopgood