Vegan Chocolate Tiffin
500g dark chocolate
500g vegan margarine
4 tbsp golden syrup
250g digestive biscuits
100g Oreos, broken into pieces
For the topping
200g dark chocolate
25g vegan margarine
2 tsp golden syrup
1 pack Jelly Tots
1 pack Rainbow Drops
10 crushed Fox’s Party Rings
… and anything else that’s a favourite!
Customise this old-school quick and easy Tiffin recipe to turn it into a Halloween favourite, to satisfy the vegan vampire in you.
Add Oreos, Jelly Tots or Party Rings to create those creepy fairground colours and things.
1. Line two 20cm square baking tins with baking parchment. Place the 500g of chocolate, margarine and syrup in a heat-proof bowl and melt over a pan of barely simmering water or in the microwave in 30-second intervals. Once almost melted, remove from the heat and stir until totally smooth. Allow to cool a little.
2. Place the biscuits in a freezer bag, seal and crush with a rolling pin. You want mainly crumbs but a few small chunks of biscuit is fine.
3. Tip the biscuit mixture into the melted chocolate and stir until it’s all combined, then press into the tins, along with the broken Oreos.
4. For the topping, melt the chocolate, margarine and golden syrup, then pour onto the biscuit base. Decorate with the sweets and Party Rings, then cover with cling film or foil and leave to set in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
5. Cut into huge chunks and leave for everyone to devour!
Curtosy of Ava Szajna-Hopgood